Monday Musings: Feeling Thankful
After almost two years of continued change and lots of emotions, I've discovered that after all of this, mostly I'm thankful for what I do have. In this season of giving thanks, I'm sharing a few of those that I most appreciate.
So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment, turn out to be great good fortune. -- Ruth Bader Ginsberg
1. I'm so thankful for healthy family and friends. It goes without saying that these may not have been the easiest years of our lives, but many of us have been able to reflect on what is most important and central to our happiness.
2. I'm thankful for an ability to travel again. As a family, we've rekindled our love of travel, mostly because we realized how important it was to us in its absence.
3. I'm thankful for my career. I've been supported by so many over the years, and therefore felt equipped to navigate the many changes that took place during the pandemic.
4. I'm thankful for my hobbies. I wrote more about this here, but these have kept me grounded during difficult times in life!
5. I'm thankful for my community. I've witnessed people come together to support teachers, nurses and other essential workers. I've witnessed families take care of each other's children because work schedules conflicted with at-home learning. And I've witnessed children adapt and face adversity with bravery.
The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes the home happy and life lovely. — Louisa May Alcott