Tuesday Morning Tidy: Tips for Packing School Lunches
One of the real bummers of shifting from summer to school year is the lunch packing. All of our children pack their own lunches, but we hear a lot of grumbling and lamenting about the selection of food we have in the house. In recent years, we've tried to rotate our inventory to keep it fresh, literally and figuratively!
Below are a few ideas, outside of sandwiches and chips, that might be worth considering for your family:
- pre-made açaí bowls
- cucumber slices, baby carrots with hummus or ranch dipping sauce
- hard boiled eggs
- mini bagels and cream cheese
- dried fruit, cheese and nuts snack packs
- yogurt with (or without) fruit and/or granola
- leftovers/soup/pasta in a Thermos
- meat and cheese tortilla roll-ups
- clementines, oranges, apple sauce pouches, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
Lunch Pal Accessories
- Bentgo Compartment Lunchbox - a great system that's leakproof, microwaveable and BPA-free. There is a coupon available on Amazon!
Sandwich Cutters - fun shapes for sandwiches as well as food picks and silicon food holders
-- Thermos Funtainer - great at keeping soups, stews and pastas warm for lunchtime. The included spoon comes in handy, too
I hope these ideas will make back-to-school lunch packing fun rather than soul-sucking!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase we will earn a commission. Keep in mind that we link these companies and products because of their quality and not because of the commission we may receive.