Monday Musings: Labor Day Self-Care and Relaxation
Labor Day, by definition, is a day to honor the American labor movement. After the last 18 months, we owe a debt of gratitude to laborers and first-line workers who have had to cover shifts and show up when many of us couldn't.
Labor Day is an important day to rest, recharge and reflect. We're sharing some ways you can consider spending your time today:
- Start your morning with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea. It's the perfect time to try a fall flavor. A quiet, easy morning (if you don't have littles ones) is always a treat.
- Read a book or listen to a podcast. We love to do both so when we carve out the time, it's a form of self-care and relaxation.
- Enjoy a walk, run or outdoor exercise. Nature can distract us from the stress and worry in our daily lives. As one person put it recently, nature has a way of showing up when no one else does.
- Turn to your creative outlet. This may be a DIY project, yard work, painting, redecorating or writing. Do something that really brings out your creativity.
- Take on a task or project you have been meaning to do but have put off. Something you enjoy but haven't found the time to do it. This might reaching out to an old friend by email, order prints of pictures from your summer vacation, reorganizing the pantry or a closet.
We hope you spend your time today at a slower pace and enjoying the break from the work and grind of everyday life.
Happy Labor Day!