Tuesday Morning Tidy: Lettuce Wraps
This recipe is a more recent family favorite! It's a delicious replica of PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps by Damn Delicious. I've made a few minor modifications, but either way it can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Perfection!
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a medium sauce pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add ground meat and cook until browned. Drain fat.
Add in onion, garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce/coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent.
Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender and then season with salt and pepper.
Serve meat mixture in large leaves of butter lettuce -- taco-style.