Tuesday Morning Tidy: Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
One of our family’s favorite recipes is stuffed bell peppers. We enjoy them by the themselves, with Italian tomato sauce, and sometimes with a side of pasta.
1lb. ground beef or turkey
6 bell peppers (We like to use a variety of colors.)
1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 of white onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1 can fire roasted potatoes
1 cup cooked brown rice
- Prepare the brown rice and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil, onion and carrots and sauté them over medium heat until soft.
- Add in the ground meat, garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook until the meat is browned and stir frequently while breaking into small pieces.
- Stir in the cooked rice and roasted tomatoes. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Mix well and then remove from heat.
- Wash peppers, cut out the stems and remove seeds. Keep peppers in tact for stuffing.
- Pour water into 9x13 glass baking dish - just enough to cover the bottom.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Pat down gently after each scoop so that you can fill each one to the top. Place them in the baking dish standing up.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before second.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
To have our recipes sent to your inbox, subscribe to our blog!